Swaim Serum Company first opened its doors on February 24, 1948 and has become a permanent fixture in the famous Oklahoma City Stockyards area.
The business first opened on Exchange Avenue and then later moved into its present location at SW 15th and Agnew in the old Farmer's Union building. Swaims founders are Charles Eugene "Gene" and Helene Swaim, who served the Stockyards area as a wholesaler and retailer of large animal veterinary supplies, vaccines, serums, and equipment.
In 1982, their son, John Swaim, DVM,took over the business. In 1994, a veterinary clinic was added to better serve the growing population of Oklahoma City.
In 2008, Swaim Serum Company celebrated its 60th year in business. As the city has grown, Swaims has grown to meet the needs of its customers. The end of 2009 brought new ownership for Swaims as Jason Shipman and his wife Kayla Shipman, DVM, purchased the company and its practice. The new ownership has brought a new spirit of enthusiasm to the company and a fresh updated look to the building.
1601 South Agnew
Oklahoma City, OK 73108
Phone: (405) 236-8581
Fax: (405) 232-8225